Sooz Kempner is an award-winning (Musical Comedy Awards Best Newcomer, Funny Women Variety Award) comedian, singer, writer and actor who has written and performed nine solo stand-up hours at the Edinburgh Fringe, the most recent, Y2K Woman, selling out almost every day.
She is a regular collaborator with Richard Thomas (Jerry Springer the Opera, Made in Dagenham, This Morning with Richard not Judy) and hosts two podcasts, Mystery on the Rocks and QueenPod, the official podcast for the band Queen. In 2023 she was the lead in Doctor Who’s Doom’s Day, a multi-platform spin-off for BBC Studios.
Throughout lockdown she made a variety of online content including livestreams via Twitch and viral political videos where Donald Trump’s words are delivered verbatim by Liza Minnelli, and parodies of Nadine Dorries and Liz Truss. These have received press in The Guardian, The Independent and The Metro as well as in the LA Times and Chicago Tribune stateside. Sooz is a guest lead in an upcoming new US sitcom for Amazon Prime and CBS.
Please direct all acting enquiries to Ryan at the Foundry Management.
'Kempner has funny bones'
'Endlessly inventive and bursting with creativity, Kempner is at once extremely contemporary and a throwback to the golden age of variety'
Awards & Competitions
- Nominee - Broadway World Best Comedy Show
- Winner - Best Variety Act - Funny Women Awards
- Winner - Best Newcomer - Musical Comedy Awards
Appearances & Credits
- Television & Radio:
- Dooms Day - BBC Studios Multi-Platform Doctor Who spin-off series
- The Now Show - BBC Radio 4
- Timewasters with Dara O'Briain - Audible
- Dinner with Parents - Amazon Prime
- Zombie BBQ - BBC
- The Impression - ITV2
- Edinburgh Fringe 2013-2023 (Rolling Stone's Top 15 Recommended Shows 2023)
- Leicester Comedy Festival